Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Bowl
- 3/4 cup roasted butternut squash*
- 1 cup steamed, then frozen cauliflower
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 – 1 banana
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins collagen (optional)
* To make, cut one whole butternut squash in half, remove the seeds (this can be done before or after roasting) place it face down a foil lined baking sheet, and bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Let it cool until you can touch it, then scrape the meat out and discard, or compost, the skin of the squash.
- almond butter (thanks to Shut The Kale Up, I’m currently obsessed with Nutzo)
- coconut yogurt (I prefer GT Dave’s CoYo, or brands without added sugar. The original is unsweetened and their other flavors are lightly sweetened with stevia)
- granola (I look for brands with low sugar that are sweetened with unrefined sweeteners, if at all, like Purely Elizabeth or Living Intentions)
- toasted coconut**
- bee pollen
- chopped nuts + seeds
**To make, spread large flaked coconut on a baking sheet and toast it on the lowest settings in the toaster oven until it starts to lightly brown. The trick is removing it before it starts to burn!
- Combine all bowl ingredients in a high speed blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Top as you please.